I recently met with Calgary Handyman Frank Sanborn. He Talked about his 30 years of completing renovations in Calgary.
I asked him what homeowners need to do to keep their home in ship shape. He said, "water [damage] is the #1 enemy of any house". It will destroy things from the inside out, and make for very costly repairs".
What should a homeowner do?
- Occasionally check underneath sinks for slow leaks
- Check Toilets and Hot water tanks for leaks
- Don't ignore bathtub caulking that needs replacing
- Make sure your roof shingles are in good shape and repelling water. If they are curled up they are not doing their job.
- Keep your gutters and downspouts directing water away from the house
Do these simple tasks and your home should stay mold free and good looking for years.
To learn more about Frank Sanborn, visit his website at https://aaaconstructionandhomehandyman.ca/